What you will learn and duration
This online Safety, Compliance and Competency in Airfield Ground Lighting course will be available within a “virtual classroom” and is to be provided by 1.5 hour on-line training and Q&A sessions.
This will enable attendees to arrange & attend with little impact to their day to day functions. The 12 session/module virtual on-line training is part of our CBTA training structure within the “Continuation” training phase BUT will also qualify for new-entry AGL electrical personnel/practitioner training (Basic Training) who are just embarking on their AGL careers.
Upon completion, there is an optional examination for qualification & industry recognition purposes.
What is covered
- Introduction to AGL / GTM
- Applicable AGL Standards & Work Principles
- Airside & Electrical Safety
- Approach/Runway Layouts, Systems & Equipment
- Taxiway Layouts, Systems & Equipment inclusive Guidance Signs
- AGL as a System (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical)
- CCR Technologies
- PAPI Design & Installation with/without ILS
- AGL Installation, Commissioning & Acceptance criteria
- AGL Operations, Planned & Preventive Maintenance Techniques
- Asset Management Systems, Reporting & Records
- A-SMGCS /ILCMS leading A-CDM inclusive New AGL Technologies
The prerequisites include:
- Advance knowledge of AGL/AFL standards & principles and philosophy learnt from our AGL Basic training course or its equivalent is mandatory
- a working knowledge of English is required, the medium of instruction for standard training sessions
An optional CBTA/IQF Level “Knowledge” multi-choice examination is available to all personnel who attend and successfully completes the course.