The seminar is designed to provide an understanding of the compliance needs for Airfield Ground Lighting (AGL) and Ground Traffic Management (GTM).
The key objective is to identify and define best industry practice to ensure Civil Aviation Authority Regulators, Airports and their Contractors understand fully the needs to ensure both compliance, project acceptance and maintenance standards.
Achievement of course goals is enabled through a combination of interactive discussions, case studies and group workshops.
What you will learn
- Demonstrate infrastructure and management knowledge essential for implementing and developing the operational and business drivers to ensure full compliance of the AGL systems
- Describe electrical and photometric regulatory needs for AGL’s performance, maintenance, design and safety criteria
- Define the standards and supporting documents to meet the compliance requirements for inspections and to deliver projects & maintenance compliant to ICAO standards
What is covered
- Introduction to Air Traffic Management, Ground Flows and Maneuvering area management systems
- Operational and business drivers, Airport- Collaborative Decision Making (A-CDM) principles and Asset Management benefits
- Overview of Communications, Navigation & Surveillance (CNS) /Air Traffic Management (ATM) and GTM infrastructure requirements including Advanced Surface Movement Guidance & Control Systems (A-SMGCS) solutions
- AGL & A-SMGCS Regulatory structure to support airfield operational requirements and documentation needed for Maintenance, Safety Management Systems and Certification
- Airport Safety Case requirements, and the need for Risk Management and Safety Management Systems
- Compliance Monitoring through continuous and daily observations of project implementation, operational and safety performance
- Audit planning, programming and scheduling plus feedback mechanisms
- Roles and Responsibilities of key staff. Human Performance in the workplace; how the organization contributes to human error; and the need for strategies that will reduce accidents associated with employees, sub- contractors and other personnel.
Who should attend
Operational, Design and Technical personnel from Civil Aviation Authorities, Airport Authorities/Operators, and AGL Contractors responsible for the Strategic Management, Planning, Safety Case development, Installation and Maintenance Audits of AGL including the execution and implementation of Airport Operational activities.
Duration & Cost
- 3 Days