What you will learn and duration
This intensive course provides an introduction to the design and system characteristics and specifications of AGL systems to meet international standards such as ICAO. It will also introduce national standards prescribed by bodies such as FAA, EUROCONTROL, EASA, NATO, UK CAA, CASA and STAC.
This 12 module on-line AGL Design Qualification training course plus Assessment has been adapted from our Instructor led design training course which delivers the design aspects of the theory that is covered during all basic AGL training.
The course is part of our Competency Based Training & Assessment (CBTA) training structure in line with ICAO guidelines, and the International Qualification Framework (IQF) structure, which provides a progressive route to demonstrate and justify AGL Knowledge and Skills.
What is covered
- Regulation and Standardisation
- General Airfield Knowledge
- Navigation Aids
- Operational Conditions
- Design of Approach Systems
- Runway Perimeter Lights
- PAPI Calculation
- Design of Taxiway Lighting
- A-VDGS Installation Criteria
- Power Supply
- AGL Installation Criteria
- Introduction to A-SMGCS
- Introduction to Airfield Runway Incursion Warning System
- AGL Controls System & ILCMS layouts
The prerequisites include:
- Advance knowledge of AGL/AFL standards & principles and philosophy learnt from our Safety, Compliance and Competency in Airfield Ground Lighting Courses or its equivalent is mandatory.
- A working knowledge of English is required, the medium of instruction for standard training sessions.
An optional CBTA/IQF Level “Knowledge” multi-choice examination is available to all personnel who attend and successfully completes the course.
To Be Confirmed
Price on application
Who should attend
Personnel involved in engineering and design of AGL equipment